Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Bonus post...from Joe Theisman

Joe Theisman says this about Jason Campbell...


"I think the one thing that I see more than anything is there's going to be some be consistency around him," Theismann said. "He's finally in a system where he actually gets to practice the same things that he practiced last year and he gets to grow from them. And as a quarterback or as anybody studying film, when you look at yourself on film, you know why you made certain decisions. In Jason's case, seven of the last nine years, or eight years, both college and professionally, when he looks at film, it doesn't apply to the coming year because it's all different, so he's never really growing during the season. He will in this particular year. I watched him in spring ball, in the OTAs and the minicamps [and he's] much more confident, much more comfortable.

"Last year, Jim Zorn rebuilt his throwing style. He's got great size, he's got a great arm, he's got a terrific work ethic. I think that this young man -- and he's in the last year of a contract, so there's super motivation there -- but I think he's going to have a football team around him that will be a much better football team than it was a year ago."

2 comments:

  1. MMM,

    You're missed today. Would love to see a surprise midday post, we're all dying to hear who to look out for at the QB position in this year's fantasy draft.

    In the meantime, I figured I'd give us a little point-counterpoint fodder with some interesting words on MY main man: Colt Brennan:

    "I think Colt has come a long way," said Zorn. "I think the way I get on him, he probably doesn't feel like he's come a long way, but I'm pushing him and he has come a long way. He's done well. He's becoming more disciplined. When he first got here he was a little bit all over the place. Now he's being more disciplined in the pocket. He's starting to read the throws. But he's a work in progress and this preseason is going to be very important for him. I'm not tinkering with his arm yet at all. I'm really trying to get the mental part of his game and really the footwork part of his game. I'm trying to get him to move."

    I'm looking forward to watching Brennan in person in a game at Baltimore next week. I think he'll get a ton of action, and it will be interesting to see how responds. I think Zorn is going to give him every opportunity to win the backup job over Todd Collins in the preseason. And if that happens, then we're one bad Jason Campbell performance from fans demanding that Brennan become the starter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My beef with those fans is that most of them don't have a clue to how the game actually works because they have not played a down of football since pee wee league and probably rode pine in HS. They are actually very similar to the skins owner, he just has more money. They are the type of fans that see a deep ball go for a TD and quickly blame the safety when it's clear to someone who knows the game that the D was in cover 2 and it was the corners mistake for letting a receiver release untouched up the sideline where the safety has no chance to get over and cover him. All said, me prediction is that there is a less than 15% chance that Colt sees more than 25 snaps all season provided JC stays healthy.

    ReplyDelete