Friday, August 7, 2009

My Friday RB picks with a bonus pick included!

RB's....ahhhh...my favorite position. The one that I played through my whole prep career and into college until my coach told me I sucked at pass pro and had no chance at getting on the field at RB because he was afraid to put me in on pass plays because I might get his QB killed...

Now to the picks:

1.) My Super Main Man! Lamont Jordan; Denver Broncos
-Helped recruit this kid to college park, I know him personally and I'm telling you he will shine in Denver's RB friendly offense. He has great vision and patience which is key with this offense. Now they do have a new coach, which could be a wildcard, but I don't think the young guy will make to many changes early on. The rookie Moreno may share carries with Jordan, but I still 8-11 TDS for him this year

2.) Chris "BIG BOI BENNIE" Wells, Arizona Cardinals
- I like Wells to push the old guy Jmaes for playing time as the season wears on. He is like to also get a lot of touches near the goaline for some TD's. As much as I hate OSU running backs I think this kid has good fantasy value this season as maybe your 3rd RB taken on your team. Something to hold in your back pocket for the first few weeks to see how things go in Arizona.

3.) Julius Jones; Seattle Seahawks
- Weak conference and a favorable schedule will make this sleeper a great pick as even a 2nd RB taken on your team as he will be the full-time starter in Seattle this year. I say 1,200+ yards with 10TDS minimum. He should have a chip still on his shoulder from Dallas dealing him instead of the human recking ball Marion Barber.


BONUS PICK:
Ray Rice; Baltimore Ravens
-Rice came on pretty strong towards the end of last season and should be ready for a big 2009. Even though he did not get into the endzone last year this dude was a TD machine in college and should look to see more carries and time even though he will be splitting carries with Willis McGahee.

No comments:

Post a Comment